Monday, January 21, 2008

Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! I am enjoying my day off work and thought I would share with the words MLK Jr. delivered in a speech. It was not his infamous "I have a dream" speech, but rather about the One who gave him his dream. Here is an excerpt (you have to picture him preaching this to get the full effect :)...

Do you know my King? My King was born King. My King is the only one of whom there are no means of measure that can define His limitless love. No barriers can hinder Him from pouring out His blessing. He's enduringly strong. He's entirely sincere. He's imperially powerful. He's impartially merciful. That's my King.

He is the centerpiece of civilization. He stands alone in Himself. He's honest. He's unique. He's unparalleled.  He's unprecedented. He's supreme. He's pre-eminent. He's the grandest idea in literature. He's the highest personality in philosophy. He's the supreme problem in higher criticism. He's the fundamental doctrine of historic theology. That's my King.

He's the superlative of every good thing that you choose to call Him. He's the only One who can supply all our needs simultaneously. He supplies strength for the week. He is available for the tempted and tried. He sympathizes and He saves. He serves the unfortunate. He's the Almighty God who guides and saves all His people. He rewards the diligent and beautifies the meek. THAT'S MY KING! 

No comments: